2017 Kindeli La Zorra Chardonnay
The 2017 Kindeli La Zorra Chardonnay is an entirely exclusive cuvée that we have had Alex make especially for us.
Essentially we were looking for a Chardonnay that could be offered in a variety of wine bars and restaurants and enjoyed by everybody, so we approached Alex to see if he could do it. It wasn't until he and his family bought their Nelson vineyards that this became possible.
We wanted something with acidity (so early-picked), freshness, salinity, minerality, richness (some oak) and tension too (some skin-contact)... and it had to be completely natural (so organic, no fining or filtration and no added sulphur/SO2)... and testament to Alex's ability this wine is exactly that!
2017 Chardonnay from Alex's organic Nelson vineyards.
- Moutere clay soils
- Organically farmed
- Hand harvested
- 65% combination of whole bunch and destemmed fruit pressed into old French oak barriques
- 35% skin-fermented in tinajas (Spanish amphora)
- Wild fermented and matured for 9 months
- Blended, settled then racked to bottle
- Not filtered or fined
- No added preservative (no sulphur dioxide/SO2)
- Bottled under natural cork and beeswax